Equa Blog - News, Views and Ethical Styling...

Wednesday 18 November 2009

Greenmystyle.com Editor’s pick: Luxe gifts

Greenmystyle.com Editor Jen Marsden was in the Equa boutique this week, choosing her favourite Luxe gifts for Christmas. We asked her to share what she will be buying with us.

“I have a confession. I found it very hard to choose from the gorgeous selection of beautiful items in Equa. Mainly because the choice selection was already so quality and fabulous. I couldn’t just think about gifts for loved ones either - I had to choose one or two for myself!"

She immediately made a beeline for the OUTSIDER Pleat Collar Blazer, £149.00. "I have been looking for a tailored, gorgeous and ethical jacket like this for ages! I can dress up my jeans during the daytime and ensure elegance is not lost when I wear it over a dress or skirt when going for Wintertime after work drinks It feels absolutely lush with its hemp and silk mix and satin collar. I particularly love the flattering V neckline and practical single silver button, as well as the decorative pockets."

"I adore shower time, particularly when there is a lovely scent to wake me up! The Whishes Three Whishes Body Wash (£15.00) is really scrumptious, as it’s not only moisturising with its organic ingredients (and paraben free, I might add) but the citrusy and herbal elements of the lemongrass awakens the senses while soothing and toning my skin. Mmmn!" Jen thinks it's a, "perfect gift to help get people out of bed on a cold January morning."

"The scents of Timothy Han’s Orange and Clove scented 100% natural soy wax candle (£28.00) gives the home a really Christmasy feel - it reminds me of childhood - and is bound to bring smiles to the beneficiary. A real luxury treat!"


Jen declared that, "practical gifts are great".

And what would Christmas be without receiving a jumper?
"I love the V-neck organic cotton fine knit Edun Moraine Sweater, £169.00, particular it has a white owl pattern (somewhat angelic too) on the rear that sneaks to the front. Perfect to snuggle up in while looking eco chic."

Jen explained that she is currently seeking out someone to buy her the Fifi Bijoux Cheek Necklace, which costs £115.00. "It’s incredibly delicate and will sit as a feature on your neck, hanging from a 100% recycled gold chain .The pendant itself is made from 9 carat ethically mined gold from South Africa and made in my homeland of Scotland. I love the detail as much as the story of how it has been produced sustainably and fairly."

Jen adds: "I have a friend who would just love the natural and chunky nature of the LeJu Black Horn Resin Ring that has been cleverly carved out of just one piece of cow horn. Added to the charm is the inset coloured resin of purple, yellow and aqua blue, making the finger a feature." This costs £32.00.

Who wouldn't want a luxury gift at Christmas?

Gift Ideas £100 and over


No comments: