Equa Blog - News, Views and Ethical Styling...

Thursday 16 April 2009

Ethical Holiday Wardrobe

I’m about to go off on a two week city holiday and as it’s my honeymoon I’ve been planning my wardrobe very carefully. Being the buyer at Equa I have great access to a wonderful collection of ethical labels and this season I’ve been spoilt for choice over what to choose from.

The most obvious thing that I needed for a city holiday was a great pair of tailored jeans, especially in Rome and Paris where everyone is so well dressed. My favourite jeans are my Del Forte Calla’s. I have two pairs, one in this season’s Cielo wash, and the other in the Black Out from two seasons ago (and with my careful cool washing with my eco balls the black is still beautifully black).

With that I need some classic separates and where better to look than Stewart Brown and Annie Greenabelle. My Annie Greenabelle Polkadot Blazer is a must and this Annie Greenabelle Grandpa Blouse is perfect for chic casual when wearing with jeans, and this season’s StewartBrown tees are as ever perfect for everyday wear.

As it will be early May I will still need jackets and I’ll be taking my Sika Rain Coat from three seasons ago (click here for Sika’s new season Mac), and my favourite new season purchase - the Kuyichi Leiko Jacket.
Obviously I wanted some spring dresses to wander around my two favourite cities in. I have many dresses from past season from Edun, Annie Greenabelle and Alchemist, but I just couldn’t resist the Amana Eleanora Dress. Wearing it with leggings and ballet pumps makes it a great day dress, and then with heels and sheer tights it can take me to dinner and dancing.


Shoes was something I needed to think about carefully, I needed something for all that walking we’re going to be doing so my Veja Grey/Black trainers are definitely in the holiday bag. For a more tailored look I have a great pair of Terra Plana boots that have a small 1” heel (from a past season) and some great La Lesso Ballet Pumps.


With all that in my suitcase I’m hoping that my romantic notion of overnight train travel won’t be ruined by my new husband complaining about having to lug it around! Wishful thinking? We’ll see!


















Penny x

No comments: